A few months back we saw the alien arrival of the Greenies in Second Life, which was a very cool experience by Rezzable. One of the strong points about the Greenies is the avatar marketing bit. Avatar Marketing is mobile marketing as the avatars spread around the grid bringing your brand to the community instead of you having to organize event that will bring the community to your sim. Another cool MDC (Metaverse Development Company) which understands the value of this is the V3 group which brought us the hovering Orb and the Transformer avatars.
Avatar marketing is one, lifestyle is another. We've got some pretty weird people walking the face of the grid. Many subcultures like Goths and punks are present in Second Life and then there's the furries. Furries are animalish avatars, often furry skinned with long tails. These might be rather funny and adorable to the general public, but gets a little twist if you know there's quite a bunch of people out there in the Real World that have a furry fetishism too.
The Second Life Herald reports a new race has entered Second Life; the Purrsnickety's. Here's the SLH report:
"Yesterday Second Life witnessed the birth of a new race of virtual critters – Purrsnicketys. Their basic design is due to Phoenixxx Dragonash, who in RL is Ashley Speranzella-Evans, a free-lance fantasy artist.
They are built and scripted by our good friend and uber-elf Wayfinder Wishbringer. Below the fold are some screenshots and the purrsnickety propaganda."(Pictures also from SLH)
From the purrsnickety note card...
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF PURRSNICKETYS!
(To give a Purrsnickety as a gift, please read at the bottom of this notecard)
In a world that has forgotten magic and rushes time, they live above the clouds. Dragon-kitties once chosen to be Guardians of the Earth and magic, they failed to protect it from man. They have become jaded and skeptical, and definitely have attitude. But they have not given up! They have returned to the earth to try one last time to bring back what has lost. Are they the scourge of the skies... or destined to become heroes? Purrsnicketys... adorably wicked.
Purrsnicketys are some of the most complex, heavily-scripted (but very low-lag), fun, tiny avatars ever!
- Purrsnickety Avatar (copy/nomod/notrans... copyable so you can pull a new one out of the box in case of inventory loss!)(To give a Purrsnickety
as a gift, please read at the bottom of this notecard)
- A special Purrsnickety toy (an extra item specific to your Purrsnickety)
- Scripted wings open when flying
- Swishing tail* 72-function HUD, including...
- 68 custom sounds (no freebie sounds here!)
- 14 all-original animations (even the "tiny" animations themselves are new and tweeked), including:* Scripted tongue for cleaning
- Cat-like "run"* Fun "jump"
- Improved "sit" and "groundsit"
- Dance synchronizer (dance in time with your Purrsnickety friends!)* Cute. Real cute. (never underestimate the power of cute. Fells strong dragons and ogres and melts the hearts of warriors).
PURRSNICKETY CHARACTER INFORMATION:
- Baby Ree: Calico, curious, and pudgy.
Don’t be fooled by the cuteness of this little baby she will sneeze fire on you
if you aren’t careful. Likes buttercups and fireflies and her stuffed toy “Remmy”.
- Bitters: Black, skinny and Melancholy. Always seems to have a rain cloud over his head. Loves,well he dosent’t love anything.. except for a rainy
day and only because it spoils everyone else’s fun, maybe mud puddles. Older
brother of Chitters.
- Chitters: Pink, happy and talks a lot, though only the other purrsnicketys can tell what she is saying. Loves lollypops and unicorns and baking pies for the gang. Kid sister of Bitters and has a crush on Jeepers (but don’t tell him).
- Creepers: Large, green and agitated. Loves dark damp places and mushrooms. Oldest and Leader of the Purrsnicketys, big brother to
Jeepers. Arch nemesis: Mr. Wiggles the very elusive and clever mouse dragon whom Creepers can never catch.
- Critters: Brown, sweet and earthy. He loves all kinds of creatures and can often be seen playing with the mice in the castle (in a friendly way) Likes walking in the clouds and strawberries.
- Flitters: Yellow, scattered and artistic. He creates beautiful rainbows in the sky and paintings for the castle. Constantly looses everything because he is so focused on his art. He can be seen covered in paint muttering to himself in his room. Likes new paint brushes and dragon flies.
Labels: avatar, avatar marketing, fantasy, furries, greenies, mdc, rezzable, transformers, V3